Bando per lungometraggi / documentari / cortometraggi
Sguardi Altrove International Film Festival
March 12th -19th , 2017
The 24th edition of Women’s Director Festival “Sguardi Altrove International Film Festival” will be held in Milan (Italy) from March 12th to March 19th, 2017.
The Festival main theme for 2017 Edition will be:
Women’s Empowerment: Working to Overcome Gender Inequality
The Festival’s aim is to encourage, through cinematographic art and expression, a reflection on relevant issues for women related to their specific cultural, political and social context but also according to a multicultural and global perspective. Therefore, the Festival itself wants to be a place for intercultural dialogue and dialectical comparison between different cinematographies as well as an opportunity to promote distribution of films that, in spite of their quality and thematic relevance, are unlikely to have access to commercial circuits. The Festival pays also particular attention to emerging cinemas and young female filmmakers.
costo d'iscrizione: gratis scadenza del bando: 20/02/2017 mese dell'evento: marzo 2017
Awards will be assigned by juries consisting of a minimum of three members drawn from the film or culture industries.
The credits of awarded films must include the Sguardi Altrove Film Festival winner logo, to be
– There is no charge for submitting films to the Festival.
– Competitive sections are open only to films made by women directors in the 24 months preceding the festival.
– Non-competitive sections are open to both male and female directors.
– The festival will not cover rental fees for films chosen for international competitive sections.
Preview copies (DVD or online links) must be sent to the Festival’s office by 20 December 2016, after having filled the online entry form at www.sguardialtrovefilmfestival.it
The organizers do not cover the transport costs of preview copies submitted for selection.
Please send your material to:
Sguardi Altrove Film Festival
Via Privata Bassano del Grappa, 32, 20127, Milano – Italy
Preview copies will not be returned and will be kept in the Festival’s archive.
– The festival will inform applicants of its decision no later than
20th February 2017.
– The festival Selection Committees are responsible for the selection of films. Works invited to participate in the 2017 festival will be shown in the section festival programmers believe most appropriate.
– The final version of the programme is approved by the Festival Director.
Selected films are screened in the following formats: DCP, 35mm, Blu-ray, Digibeta, mov file.
DCP: The festival uses a NC 1200C server. Accepted file system are EXT2, EXT3 and NTSF. The hard disk must be properly packaged to prevent damage during shipment. In case of encrypted DCPs, the KDM must be valid from the day the film reaches the festival to the day after the end of the festival.
File: the festival accepts files in mov h264 format (AAC-AC3-mpeg audio; maximum bitrate 15000 b/s).
A backup copy is required for each screening copy.
Films not in Italian must be subtitled in English. If the screening copy is not identical to the one sent for selection, a new file or DVD copy must be provided for subtitling purposes.
The following material is required for selected films:
– A short synopsis of the film
– Complete dialogue list in English
– One photo of the film director and at least three stills from the film (300 dpi)
– Full film credits
– Director’s biography and filmography
– List of festivals to which the film took part and awards
– Any promotional material
The Festival covers transport costs for selected films (only for those transported by the official festival courier). Film copies will be returned within two weeks after the end of the festival. If the film is being sent to another festival, the latter is expected to cover shipment costs.
IMPORTANT: to avoid custom charges, international shipments should be marked with the words “No commercial value – For cultural use only”.
SCREENING COPY DAMAGE OR LOSS
The organizers are responsible for screening copies from the day of their arrival in Milan to the day they are returned. In the event of damage or loss, the Festival will reimburse only the value of the copy.
PRESS AND OTHER MEDIA
Participants authorises the Festival to use photos and excerpts of their film (for a maximum of 3 min.) for promotional purposes (press, TV and Internet websites).